Mario Kart 8 Wii-U
- Wii-U Your selected format is Wii-U
- Join all your favourite characters from the Mario franchise as you race through exciting tracks from all around the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Turn the race on its head with the new antigravity feature which allows for never-imagined racing circuit designs.
- Take the race online in challenging 12-player online competitive play.
- Share all your highlights and best moments with Mario Kart TV
- For the first time ever, race in HD with the first entry from the Mario Kart franchise on the Wii U.
- Sold and Fulfilled by GAME.co.uk
- Sold and Fulfilled by GAME.co.uk
More buying choices
£39.99 (preowned)Free delivery12 MONTH PREOWNED GUARANTEE
Available on this product:
Click & CollectAvailable on GAME fulfilled orders for FREE from GAME stores
- Preowned versions may not include additional content.
- Prices in GAME Stores may differ.
Add to WishList
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
Av. User Rating
- Suitable for people aged 3 and over.
For the first time in HD, Nintendo’s Mario Kart franchise comes to the Wii U console, introducing new racing circuit designs and antigravity karts that will have players driving upside down. Players will also enjoy a variety of series-favorite features, including the return of 12-player online competitive play, hang-gliders, underwater racing and motorbikes.
Mario Kart 8 Features:
- The new antigravity feature allows for never-imagined racing circuit designs. Players will speed through courses and find themselves suddenly racing on walls in a haunted mansion or upside-down over Princess Peach’s Castle as their wheels automatically rotate and shift into antigravity gear.
- Online multiplayer: In Mario Kart 8, up to 12 players can race together online, with four main ways to find opponents (Global, Regional, Friends and Rivals, Tournament)*. Like to banter with your friends while you’re preparing for a race? Mario Kart 8 lets players chat with one another in the lobby area using the GamePad microphone as they wait for their friends to join. Players can also create public or private tournaments for which they specify the day of the week, the time and the rules. As is Mario Kart tradition, players will be able to race against ghost data from friends, or even the top 10 worldwide racers. Players can try to beat them or just pick up a few tips and tricks from studying the best. If you beat the Mario Kart 8 development team’s ghosts, you’ll get a cool Miiverse stamp.
- Mario Kart TV: On this in-game channel, players can view Highlight Reels from their races and tournaments they take part in - with rewind and slow motion replay features to boot - while racers eager to learn from others can watch the world’s most popular Highlight Reels via Mario Kart TV and comment on them. Players with Google accounts can also upload their reels directly to YouTube from within Mario Kart TV, and post these videos directly to Miiverse.
- Experience a wealth of features that span the series, including 12-player online competitive play. Elements first introduced in Mario Kart 7, such as hang gliders and underwater racing, along with elements introduced in Mario Kart Wii, such as motorbikes and performing tricks in midair, also make their return.
- New Items: No matter how skilled some racers are, they’re just a blue Spiny Shell away from peril. A well-timed item turning defeat into victory in an instant. The new Super Horn blows away all other items – literally. Sounding the Super Horn issues forth a sonic shock wave that blasts away everything in the vicinity, including other drivers, Red Shells and even Spiny Shells. It’s a potent asset, especially for drivers trying to maintain their lead. Mario Kart 8 also introduces the Crazy Eight, a swirl of eight different items that lucky players can use one by one.
- Old Favourites: Many of Mario Karts veteran drivers return to the starting grid in Mario Kart 8, including favourites such as Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Waluigi and Toadette and many more!
- New Racers: Two new playable female characters make their debut appearances in Mario Kart 8. New heavyweight driver Pink Gold Peach glows with a golden light and makes a shiny counterpart to Metal Mario, while the new Baby Rosalina shows up for a play date with other Baby characters. As in past Mario Kart games, players can again choose to play as their Mii characters, rounding out the field of racers to a total of 30.
- Crisp HD graphics and a 60-frames-per-second frame rate offer players the most visually stunning entry in the series yet.
*Terms and Conditions: Spend £50 or more online at GAME.co.uk and receive a £5 e-voucher for use towards your next order. This offer excludes pre-orders. Voucher is not redeemable against digital products. Voucher can only be redeemed against orders fulfilled by GAME. Offer valid for a limited time only or while stocks last. Offer valid until 23:59 on 31/08/15. Voucher can only be redeemed once and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Voucher is redeemable online at GAME.co.uk (not against Marketplace purchases) only and cannot be used in any GAME stores. Voucher has no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash. Voucher will be issued on 01/09/15 and can be redeemed until 23.59 on the 21/09/15. GAME reserves the right to amend or cancel this offer at any time without prior notice. This does not affect your statutory rights.