Killzone 2 on PlayStation 3
Two years after the Helghast assault on Vekta, the ISA is taking the fight to the enemy’s home world of Helghan. In Killzone 2 on PlayStation 3 the ISA goal is direct: capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Visari, and bring the Helghast war machine to a halt. Assuming the role of Sev, a battle-hardened veteran and a member of the special forces unit known as the Legion, Killzone 2 players will lead a group of highly trained soldiers on a mission to take out the Helghast threat. For Sev and his squad, the invasion of Helghan is just the beginning. Tasked with securing Pyrrhus, the Capital City, the Killzone 2's Alpha Squad quickly discover that the Helghast are a formidable enemy on their home planet. Not only have they adjusted to the planet’s hostile conditions, they have also harnessed a source of power they can now use against the ISA. In Killzone 2 on PS3, Sev discovers his squad isn’t just fighting enemy forces – their fiercest opponent may be the planet itself.
Throughout the campaign, Killzone 2 PS3 players will encounter lifelike and adaptable artificial intelligence (A.I.) from Killzone 2's enemies as well as fellow soldiers, destructible environments, and stunningly detailed scenery. Additionally, in Killzone 2 for PlayStation 3, players will be tasked with utilising a host of new weapons and vehicles in the war to stop the Helghast. Featuring an extensive single-player campaign and thrilling multi-player mode, Killzone 2 for PS3 delivers a host of new gameplay elements and an intense storyline that will once again drive gamers to join the ranks of the ISA and fight the Helghast... this time on the enemy’s home planet!
Killzone 2 on PS3 Features:
- Realistic, highly atmospheric environments: In Killzone 2 on PS3, environments respond dynamically to the violent conditions on the planet Helghan.
- Witness the devastating effects of Helghan’s climate: Weather and conditions in Killzone 2 for PS3 force you and your enemies to adapt to new tactics.
- New and unique weapons and vehicles for Killzone 2: In addition to trusty Killzone classics like the M82-G and the StA-52 LA.
- Face off against fearsome enemies: Killzone 2's foes have learned to wield the hostility of Helghan itself against their opponents.
- A jaw-dropping next-gen spectacle: Between Killzone 2’s unique visual style, the power of PS3, the use of EDGE tools, and the proprietary technology developed by Guerrilla, Killzone 2 for PlayStation 3 promises to impress players with its benchmark visuals, smooth character animation, detailed, effect-laden environments, and real-time cutscenes.
- Experience a beautifully lit world: Killzone 2 on PlayStation 3 is brought to life by deferred rendering technology. Multiple shadows casting light sources bring out the highly detailed environments and character animations.
- True next-gen audio: Killzone 2 players are further immersed in the world of Killzone 2 on PS3, supporting 7.1 surround and location-specific audio with wave tracing. Players in Killzone 2 for Playstation 3 will not only notice the difference between indoor and outdoor but also experience sound and music that are dynamic and contextual.
- Studio grade special effects: PS3 Killzone 2 provides unprecedented visual fidelity. With full screen anti-aliasing, motion blur, internal lens reflections, and depth-based colour grading, Killzone 2 players will experience a picture that is sharp, smooth, and full of detail.